November 07, 2009

Something fun...

I decided that since I was done with Halloween costumes, and before I started my Christmas sewing that I wanted to take the time to sew something for myself. Something that I could enjoy sewing and using. So this week I sewed up this...

and I LOVE it. It's the first time I've taken a charm pack to make something.
A charm pack is a set of 5 x 5 inch squares that you can find at most quilting stores when a new line of fabric comes out. Each fabric square is a different fabric. I used a little over half of my charm pack to make this table runner so I still have some more pretty fabrics to play with from the set.
I used the instructions here. I of course did not do a quilt, but loved the idea and actually ran across another person who made a table runner and thought it was a great idea.
I still have some work to do on it. Haven't decided how to quilt it and I've got to find some fabric I want to use to bind it, but I will have it done in time for Thanksgiving.
I will be starting on all things Christmas next. I have a few Christmas stockings to make, I am going to finish the Christmas table runner that I started last year and an advent calendar that I want finished before December. And of course in two weeks I have the Festive Friday I'll be helping with.
*****
So if you can't find me, come see if I'm burried under a pile of fabric. That's probably where I'll be for the next little while.

4 comments:

Bryan & Sarah said...

AHHH I love it! Man I wish I knew how to sew, maybe you can teach me one day!

Chris, Kristina, Nathan and Audrey... said...

Any time Sarah! It really is a fun hobby!!

Emily n fam said...

You have motivated me to get started on crafting again...I have a lot to do too!!

Stephanie said...

Oh my goodness. I love that advent calendar. What a great idea. I've been thinking about making one too. Thanks for sharing the idea. I don't sew but it gives me a good idea on how to make one. Thanks! I love how creative you are. As a matter of fact, my daughter and I found a pillow that you made for me along time ago with great little VW bugs on it! She loves it and sleeps with it now! Thanks for being you!!!!