November 14, 2009

Hungry??


Here's another easy recipe for you. This is also another recipe that I grew up with and is now a favorite of the Hepworth's.

Spanish Rice

1/2 lb hamburger
1/4 c. chopped onion
1/4 c. chopped green pepper
1 can tomato soup
1 c. uncooked rice
2-3 cups tomato juice
dash chili sauce
dash worchester sauce
salt and pepper

Brown hamburger and onion. Add pepper, soup, juice and spices (I don't use the chili sauce, I just shake in a little chili powder). Add rice. Stir all together. Bring to a boil cover and simmer until done. (I stir occasionally throughout cooking and add more juices if you notice it needs it. I usually start with the 2 cups and add from there.) Done in about 45 minutes.
Great served with tortillas and grated cheese. Enjoy!!

Here are some pics of the kids enjoying theirs...


2 comments:

Lera said...

Looks yummy! Thanks for the recipe.

Emily n fam said...

Oh my that looks delicious, we are definitely going to try it, but I have to ask....how are you going to get those stains out of Audrey's pretty little outfit???lol j/k it is just always my first thought when it comes to babies and food.