October 07, 2009

Fun and Easy!

One of my callings at church is on the Enrichment committee and for our next activity we are doing a Festive Friday instead of the usual Super Saturday. We'll be having a progressive dinner and then heading back to the church to craft the night away! I'm so excited for this activity!!

Seeing as how I am part of the committee I get to help with planning, food and one of the crafts. The sewing craft of course. I will be helping the other ladies create some super cute scripture totes out of simple placemats. I myself had not made one of these until last night... and I made 2 of them! I have been admiring them for some time and I'm glad that I was able to take on the task of making some to sample. They are super simple. The first one I made took me about an hour to put together and all while doing dinner. The second one took about a 1/2 hour and probably would have been quicker if I hadn't had the kids trying to get my attention the whole time.

Here's the before picture...

I was given a few websites to check out with samples and looked at a friend's version on her blog, then decided to try one out myself. The first one is cute...

but I ended up making a few adjustments for the second one...

I really love how they turned out and I have more supplies to make a few more. Who knows how many I'll make before I'm done. 

Now back to Halloween sewing and costumes!

5 comments:

Brian_n_Amy said...

Wow those are SUPER cute! You are so incredibly talented! I would actually buy those! Good job!

Lera said...

Those are so so cute! I will defintely be making a few that night (with your sewing expertise help, of course!)

Holli said...

Kristina - just a quick note to say thanks for reading my blog and leaving a comment. Looks like you are busy with Halloween and church activities.

Thanks for reading,
Holli

jen said...

Those are super cute! So, how did you do it? I would love to try!

Emily n fam said...

Awwwh I love them! Great job!!