August 16, 2008

Cookies trouble...

So on Thursday this week our Relief Society had it's annual picnic. We were to bring a favorite side dish to share with everyone. I decided to make a favorite cookie of mine...Pineapple cookies. YUM! My mom used to make them when I was growing up and has always been a favorite of mine. A nice soft cookie.
Right before leaving to come back home from the picnic my neighbor from across the street, Annabelle, tried the cookies and asked if I had made them. I told her I had. She said, "You've been my neighbor for how long and haven't ever brought me these!!!" I was in trouble. Then this morning as we were leaving the house Annabelle's husband Neil said he'd heard about the cookies and I needed to bring some over.
Actually I had thought of making them before, that's why I had all the ingredients on hand, but wasn't sure if they'd like them. I know most people like chocolate chip so that's what I usually take if I do make cookies. So I guess that I should have made them before hand and given them to my neighbor. I'll be making another batch and taking them over to them in the next couple of days.
We'll I've decided that before I get in trouble again, I'll just share the recipe with all my friends in the blogging world. Please don't be upset if I haven't made them before for you or shared the recipe. I'm sorry! I really am! You can now make some, or if you'd like me to bring you sometime let me know and I'll see what I can do.

Here's the recipe for those who'd like to try them out sometime:

Pineapple cookies

1 c. soft shortening
1 1/2 c. sugar
1 egg
1 can (9 oz.) crushed pineapple w/juice
1 tsp baking soda
3 1/2 c. flour
1/2 tsp salt
1/4 tsp nutmeg
1/2 c. chopped nuts (optional)

Mix together shortening, sugar and eggs. Add pineapple w/juice. In a separate bowl mix together dry ingredients except nuts. Add to pineapple mixture. Mix in nuts. Chill 1 hour.
Place in rounded teaspoonfuls onto lightly greased cookie sheet.
Bake at 400 degrees 8-10 minutes or until no imprint is made when lightly touched.

No comments: