February 17, 2009

A Valentine's Day Surprise...

So, Chris doesn't like Valentines Day...at all. Each year I usually spend the week before giving him a hard time to ensure that I might receive something. It doesn't have to be much, just a nice gesture. Well this year I headed up to Idaho to visit the fam and since I wasn't going to be here, didn't worry about getting anything and didn't say anything to Chris.
On Tuesday last week Chris mentioned that he'd been bored at work and had called my mom, now if he'd never told me this I wouldn't have been suspicious, but I knew he was up to something.
So Friday night after I got to Idaho, mom said she had something for me and pulled out a box with the words "PRO FLOWERS" on it. I thought, "That's nice, wonder why mom got me flowers?" I didn't realize until I opened them and saw "Happy Valentines Day, Love Chris" that Chris had sent them. What a nice surprise!
I guess Chris had mentioned to mom that I'd be mad since I hadn't gotten anything for him...little did he know! I can be just as sneaky.
When Chris called Saturday morning, I thanked him for my flowers and asked him if he wanted his Valentines gift...he laughed. I had stashed a card and a watch in the bottom drawer of his nightstand.
Chris still doesn't like Valentines Day, but I guess he's getting trained to follow his wife's wishes and get her something anyway :) And he did a great job too! Such pretty flowers!!

3 comments:

jen said...

I love how you guys surprised each other! Your quilt turned out really cute too!

Stephanie said...

Beautiful Flowers! Nice work Chris. I missed you when you were in Idaho. I would have loved to see you!

Emily n fam said...

that is so funny because jason is the same way about valentines day and every year i do the same thing as you do. lol