February 22, 2009

Last weekend!

Last weekend we finally got to go visit Idaho! I took the kids and headed up Friday afternoon (Chris had to stay home and work) to grandma's house. I hadn't been up there since New Years 2008 so this was really fun, not so much the drive, but being able to see everyone. Plus my brothers and their families hadn't even met Audrey yet.
We had such a great time. Mom and I stayed up way to late Friday/Saturday night/morning, Saturday we hung around the house in the morning and then headed over to my brother Evon's for dinner and to finally do Christmas (we held onto our Christmas instead of mailing the gifts since we knew we'd be visiting at some point). Nathan and Corey had so much fun playing together and Bryce, Jessica and Kassie had fun playing with Audrey and hauling her around.
Sunday we went to church with Grandma, Evon and his family showed up too. They brought over a German Chocolate cake (yum!!) and hung out for a little bit. Then my good friend Christy came over for a couple hours and we were able to catch up with one another. Sure do miss seeing my old friends. Unfortunately I didn't get to see everyone I was hoping to, so I'll have to make for that the next time we make the trip up. After Christy left mom and I watched "27 Dresses".
Then Monday came, oh so soon...mom and I spent the morning going through her fabric stash. I now have a bunch of fabric to use in making the kids some cute summer clothes. I've already got a pair of jammies almost done for Nathan and will be moving on to some things for Audrey soon too! Thanks mom for all the fun fabric!
Here's some pictures from the trip....
Nathan got wore out waiting to go play with his cousins.
Just got done eating my lunch. Audrey showing everyone how to ride a pony. She had fun with this toy.Audrey with Grandma.
Audrey sitting with 2 of her cousins. Bryce and Jessica.
Audrey playing with grandma's big teddy bear. It's bigger then she is!
*****
And finally! I get to show you some of the projects that I worked on for Christmas.
My brother and sister in law have their kitchen decorated all in veggies, so I made them these cute hot pads.
For the younger boys, Bryce, Corey and Nathan, I made these crayon holders.
And for Kassie and Jessica, some crocheted cupcake purses.
*****
I'm still not done getting Christmas presents to people (I know, I'm a little slow) so there will be more to post later still.


3 comments:

Lera said...

I LOVE those purses! So adorable! The crayon holders are super cute too. You are so talented!

jen said...

I love al of your crafts you made. they are way too cute. The crayon holders would be great for church.

Grammy said...

The girls think the purses are great!