February 23, 2009

Scrap happy...and then some!

So as I mentioned in my previous post, I got a LOT of fabric from my mom while I was visiting her last weekend. There's fabric for Audrey, Nathan, some for a project I can't talk about yet. And I thought I would share what I've been up to this weekend.
Here's some pictures showing all that I got from my mom, and she's gathering more to bring me the next time she visits! Gonna be busy, but it'll be fun too.
These are the jammies that I made for Nathan yesterday from the dinosaur print showing in the previous picture. They are almost done, just gotta figure out how to get the button hole maker on my sewing machine to work or pull out my old machine and do them on that. They'll be nice and light for summer.
And using some fabrics that I had sitting around, I made these two cute, flirty skirts Saturday for some little girls I know. I found the instructions in one of my quilting magazines and they are so easy, I'll definitely be making some more of these. I've got more fabric sitting around waiting to be made into skirts!
We've also had some sick kids around here. Audrey was running a fever last week, she is now being treated for an ear infection and is doing better. Nathan is currently running a fever and I'll be taking him into the dr's today to see what's up with him, probably an ear infection too.

1 comment:

Stuart and Sarah said...

Oh my gosh you got a ton of nice things from your mom. I wish I could sew. I still have my mom put the buttons back on my shirts. Terrible isn't it???