January 25, 2009

Saturday fun...for me at least!

I'm still on a roll working on finishing up more projects. Yesterday afternoon I set up a quilt that I started years ago. I'm not sure how long it's been waiting, I know that I finished putting the top together after I moved to Utah and before I met Chris...so at least 6-8 years ago, maybe longer.
*****
The top was made from old jeans. It's funny that I can still remember some of the jeans that the denim came from. I can pick out some of mine, my sisters and some from my dad's jeans too. Kinda fun!
The back is pieced. The center and corners are a blue with cute flowers that have red bandana print centers and the side borders is a striped red bandana print. (I'll take a better pic when the quilts done. This is showing the wrong side.)
I couldn't decide if I wanted to tie it in red or blue, so I'm using both. It's looking cute.
I started tieing it yesterday afternoon and I'll probably be finishing that tonight. Then just binding left! I am really feeling good about this New Years Resolution, it is still the first month of the year so hopefully I keep going strong throughout the year. I do think this might be the easiest of my resolutions to fulfill though. I'll post pictures of the finished project in a couple days!
While I was putting the quilt up yesterday, I put Audrey in her highchair and gave her some Nilla wafers to munch on. Boy did she have a great time munching...and made a huge mess of herself too! At least she had fun!!

4 comments:

jen said...

The quilt looks really cute! We have that same chair for Abbie.

Lera said...

That quilt looks awesome! I want to see the finished project for sure!

Stuart and Sarah said...

Oh my gosh! Keep up the great work! I can't wait to see the final project

mascherinomomma said...

You worked on that when we were roomies....glad to see it getting finished. I can't believe how big Audrey is getting. To Cute!