February 28, 2010

Sewing stuff for little girls and boys...

I've been working on some more sewing projects with stuff I've already got here at home (I did have to buy some more elastic). It's been fun going through fabric and deciding what to do with them. Most of these have come from my mom, I posted about some of the fabric here. I've finally gotten to sewing with more of them. 
This year I'm going to try and sew the kids a bunch of their summer clothes. That'll be easier for Audrey, but I will be doing some sewing for Nathan as well. For Audrey I do have some plain t's and will be making skirts and shorts to match those.
Here's another skirt that I finished last weekend for Audrey. I love it! This isn't fabric from the previous post of fabrics from my mom, but this came from her stash as well. I thought it would be so cute to do a black and red skirt and I was right!! 
This isn't a great pic, wish it had turned out better. I think it's really cute. 
Here's a better picture of the skirt. It's similar to the skirt I made in my Spring post, but I didn't use as many fabrics and I gathered the bottom ruffle.
This week I sewed up some shorts for Nathan. These will go with some plain whites t's and be used as jammies.
The dino's are left from when I made these pj's for Nathan last year. Had just enough to make these and the blue plaid is left over from a robe that I made Chris a few years ago. 
I also made a cute peasant style dress for Audrey. I'll be making her more of these. They are easy to sew and turn out cute. 
You'll be seeing more of the fabric used in this dress in the future. This was also in the post here. And there was a paper on it that said there was 7 yards so I'll be making up a few skirts later with this and some other fabric I've got.

No comments: