February 03, 2010

Spring is in the air...

The kids have been sick the last couple days and I've had to stay home with them. Yesterday wasn't too productive, but today they were doing better and I was able to do a little sewing. Sewing for the spring weather and luckily Audrey seemed to be feeling well enough to model for me...
Here's Audrey wearing her new "Valentines Day" skirt. I wanted to make her a skirt she could wear for the Valentines and found this fabric in my stash. I got them both from my mom. The lighter pink is a striped white/pink striped seer sucker and the darker pink...I'm not sure what it is, but it's a heaver fabric and I had just enough for what I needed. I made it from the instructions here called The Market Skirt. (I love finding cute stuff online). It was really easy and I'll be sure to make more of these.
This one I made from a cute pattern called The Girly Stripwork Skirt from Pink Fig Patterns. It took more time, but the results are definitely the pay off. The fabrics here are all stuff I had left over from other projects or that I bought just to put in my stash. I didn't quite have enough of the yellow gingham so I patched it and put a little rickrack over the seam to disguise. (Now you all know my secret!) 
While making these Nathan said he wanted a skirt too. I told him that boys don't wear skirts. He said I just want a boy shirt... would that be a kilt?? I let him know that I do have some stuff I'll be sewing up for him soon too. 
Here's another view of each of the shirts.
I love that I was able to make both of these with things I already had. I am hoping to be able to make a bunch more stuff for this kids for both spring and summer. I've got lots of fabric and some cute patterns to either make again and some new things to try. I'll try to remember to show you things along the way :)

1 comment:

Lera said...

oh my gosh! Those are SO darling! You're so talented! And I think the ricrac totally makes that skirt. Just the right touch.