December 31, 2009

Waiting for Santa...

We had a pretty busy and fun Christmas Eve. Chris and I both were able to get the day off and spent it getting everything ready for that night and Christmas Day. The Daycare was doing Christmas stuff and throwing a little party for the kids so we took them there for the day to play.
*****
At 2pm Santa was to show up at the Daycare so we headed over to see the kids with him and pick them up.
Nathan did really good with Santa and asked him again for "Star Wars."

Audrey on the other hand, didn't like Santa one bit...

until Nathan stood by her then it wasn't so bad!

They used to have the kids open presents at the daycare, but it got to be so chaotic that this year they gave us the gifts for the kids to take home and let them open. They each got a gift from Santa and also from the gift exchange with the other kids. When we got home we let the kids open them and play with their new toys. I didn't think to pull out the camera, so sorry no pics :(
*****
My sister Gina came over to spend Christmas Eve and Christmas with us and for dinner that night we ordered pizza and started a fire and hung out for a while before it was time to get ready for Santa to come.
I wanted to start a new tradition for the kids this year so we baked some cookies to put out for Santa. He requested snickerdoodles which I haven't made before, but found a recipe and we were off!!
Nathan had fun helping me roll the cookie dough and then drop them in the cinnamon and sugar mix to cover them...



Audrey had fun watching with Aunt Gigi, but wanted to join in too.

So I handed some cookies over to her to help put on the cookie sheet.



We had a lot of fun making the cookies and they turned out great too!
Then it was time to get ready for Santa to come. We each got to open 1 present each...and surprise! they were pj bottoms (This is the first year that I made them, they turned out cute if I do say so myself. I had found some matching Christmas frog fabric earlier in the year with backgrounds of blue and pink. I even ended up having just enough left over to make the kids some matching pillowcases to sleep with.)
We decided to take advantage of the matching pj's and take some family pics. 




As you can see, Audrey was enjoying the cookies!

My little elf, Nathan...

We got Mickey's Night Before Christmas as a gift from my dad and Nathan wanted to hear it, so we read that and then it was time to go to bed to wait for Santa!
Audrey with her new baby doll...

 and Nathan...pretending to sleep. Silly kid!

1 comment:

Stephanie said...

Get looking family. What fun traditions! Happy New Years to your family!