August 08, 2009

Seeing Bees

On July 25th Chris the kids and I headed out to see a Salt Lake Bee's baseball game and a fireworks show after. It was the summer party put on by my work so it didn't cost us anything, so we were able to get out with some friends and have some fun without it costing us a thing.
Although it was pretty fun, if I had to do it again I'm not sure we would have taken the kids. They were okay for maybe the first hour and were pretty restless the rest of the time. It was a hot night out and they're still little enough they don't have a clue what's going on yet with the game so they didn't enjoy it too much.

Here's some pictures of some of the fun we did have.

Chris and Nathan checking out the game.
Bee's #1!!!

That isn't sweat running off Audrey's nose I promise! I'd just been splashing water on her face.
Nathan was so excited to see Bumble throughout the game, and when he got close enough to us he went and got him to Autograph his baseball card.
A shot of the game.
Final score: SL 3 Portland 8.
We did hang out after and watch the fireworks. Neither Audrey or Nathan enjoyed them too much, they were too tired and hungry and they were really loud.
On the way home we saw the fireworks show over at Rocky Mountain Raceway and Nathan liked those saying they were pretty and wanted to see more. I guess he just doesn't like them up close when they are so loud.
We had a fun weekend, with celebrating the 24th of July the night before.

1 comment:

Emily n fam said...

I miss that part about living in utah...the 24th of july....oh yeah and go Portland! LOL