October 05, 2008

I can!!!

So, last year when we planted our garden we really wanted to be able to can some stuff. Mainly salsa. Well we didn't get our tomatoes on soon enough or nearly enough when they did start to ripen to do anything.
Well, this year we had plenty of tomatoes and we were able to make 2 batches of salsa. I made a mild batch (for me) last weekend and this weekend made a hot batch (for Chris, although he says it's not too hot, whatever!). Here's some pictures of the yummy stuff.

This is it cookin', waiting for it to boil.
Getting it put into jars.
Into the hot water they go.
The finished product. Yummy!!!!
Will the success of my canning this year, although not much, we hope to do more next year. I may get in some whole tomatoes this year, but that all depends on how many more tomatoes I can get before the vines freeze...and how ambitious I get! I'll keep ya posted.

2 comments:

Lera said...

Cool! I'm impressed!

Brian_n_Amy said...

That's awesome! I need to do better at canning. Brian and I just canned tomatoes for the first time from our garden too, only we got 2 jars full instead of 4. That's okay though. It gives us a better idea for next year so we can put up more food storage.