November 07, 2010

Fun with friends...

So this year I decided to do something fun for the kids and throw a little kids party for them and some of their friends. I probably got a little carried away with some of the stuff, but the kids all seemed to enjoy themselves. We had the party for them the weekend before Halloween, October 23rd.
Here's the invitations I made...
I also made some candy pretzels...
 And some gift bags...
For the party, the kids decorated picture frames and made masks (didn't get pics of the masks)...
We played a beanbag toss game. I got the instruction here if you want to make one next year...
Also played Pin the Heart on the Skeleton (he's a nice skeleton)...
And decorated sugar cookies (should have got a better pic of all the candy they had piled on them)...
They also had a lot of fun dancing around to the music that I had playing. 
Here's the gang...
Kingston, Nathan, Sydney, Whitney, Tali and Audrey.
I also wanted to show the decorations I had up. I saw somewhere (can't remember where) someone had done silhouettes of some Halloween shapes. I thought it would be fun to replace the kids photos on the mantel and put up pictures to represent them Halloween style...
 Not sure if we'll do another one next year (it's a lot of work) or not, but glad that I decided to throw one this year for them.

1 comment:

Lera said...

What a fun party! I'm even more sad that we missed it now. You really outdid yourself. Love the pretzels and the deocrated mantle.