November 28, 2010

Feelin' Crafty...

I've been feeling like I needed to do some sewing but didn't really want to since I had a curtain that I had been needing to finish since July. I finally decided to finish it and get it out of my house and so worked on it this last Monday and handed it off to it's owner on Tuesday. Now that that was off my list of "to do's" I felt like I could craft/sew again for me and my kiddos.
I had Wednesday off to get prepared for Thanksgiving and while Audrey took her nap, Nathan and I got to work on making 2 paper chains (one for each) to start counting down to Christmas. I figured with these being so visual it would help them better to know how long they have to wait for Santa.
I had also been blog hopping and saw a really cute turkey barrette and decided that Audrey had to have one! Luckily I had everything...well almost...that I needed. Only thing missing are some googly eyes, but I still think it turned out darn cute! If you want to make one for next year go here.
Then this morning we woke up to it snowing...and it hasn't stopped all day. I found instruction a while ago for some cute winter hats here and decided that since they're gonna need to keep their ears warm I'd better make them quick. Nice thing was they really were a quick sew up and both kids really seem to love them.
Of course Audrey loves dino's just as much as Nathan does, so they both got dinos! So cute!! I LOVE how they turned out.
Trying to figure out what the spiky things are on top of her head...
 Daddy distracted her on this pic so I could get a side view. Love her little smile!
I made Audrey's first since I wasn't sure if it would fit Nathan too and could make his bigger if needed. When I went to make his he decided he wanted green with yellow spiky's. I said "I can do that!" and then he 'patiently' waited for me to get his finished.
And can I tell you how much I love to do projects when I don't have to buy anything new! I had the green and yellow left over from Nathan's first Halloween costume (he was a dino, go figure). And the pink and purple for Audrey's came from Grandma Johnson's on one of my trips to visit. I had forgotten all about the pink and purple, I was going to make hers red but I'm glad that I found it!

Wonder what other things I can get to work sewing. I think I'll work on some UFO's (unfinished objects) that I can finish up for Christmas this year! We'll see what I can get done. I'll keep ya posted!

1 comment:

Lera said...

The hats are especially adorable! Great work!