January 01, 2011

It's a new year...

and I guess that means time to look back at how I did last year and set some goals for the new....

I looked back to see what I'd set for my goals last year and some I did well, some need improvement or I just didn't do and need to try again :) 

So two goals I will be continuing for next year, that I did pretty well on and will continue this year are:

1. I had a goal last year to lose weight and get healthier. Well, I can proudly say that with the help of Weight Watchers and work (my work had a biggest loser comp and paid for half of the cost of WW for 3 months), I did lose some weight and did become healthier! Yay!! I've lost 30 lbs since April!! I probably could have done better, but it's not too bad and definitely better then if I'd gained 30 lbs. This will be a goal that I will continue to work on in 2011. No specific weight amount, just take more off and see how it goes. I do need to exercise more and keep eating well and I'm sure I'll continue to see progress.

2. I had also wanted to 2-3 5K's and I did that too! Weight Watchers had a 5K that I did and then did the West Valley West Fest 5K. Wahoo! I want to do 3-4 5K's this year (maybe even run one) and want to also hike to Timpanogos Cave and Ensign Peak (last time I hiked up this was the summer after I moved here and was so out of shape I thought I was NOT going to make it to the top). This may not seem too hard for most, but as I am so out of shape those are pretty good goals for me I think.

And for the goal I didn't do so good on, but will work to do better this year is:
3. Finishing projects started that NEED to get finished! Luckily I haven't started many this year that need to be finished, but still have a few from years past that I REALLY want to get finished! I have already pulled out a few to start working on in the coming weeks!! Yay!! I'm hoping this will be a good goal for me this year and who knows...

maybe next year I can have 3 brand new fresh goals!! Keeping my fingers crossed  :)

No comments: