January 04, 2010

Recipe Day

I figured it was time to share another recipe with you today. This is a recipe that I got from my friend Tammy that I used to work with at Clarke American. She brought some in one day and they looked yummy, so I got the recipe from her and guess what!! They are really yummy! At least I think so. Chris doesn't enjoy them so much, but he suffers through them every once in a while.

Sour Cream Enchiladas

Sauce:
1/4 c. butter
1/4 c. flour
2 c. chicken broth
1 c. sour cream
8 oz diced green chilies

You'll also need:
Flour tortillas
Monterey Jack cheese, grated
Yellow onion, chopped

Make the sauce: Melt the butter in a pan, add the flour to make a rue. Cook for a minute or 2. Add broth, use whisk to blend into rue. When evened out add sour cream and chilies. Let sit on low to thicken.
To make enchiladas: Wrap cheese and diced onion in tortilla, filling as much as you like and place in 9 x 13 inch baking dish. Pour sauce over enchiladas. Add more cheese on top. Bake for 20 minutes at 425 degrees.

Some alterations to the recipe that you can try: I use whatever cheese, ususally cheddar, and onion that I have on hand. I also always make mine with shredded chicken ( I actually haven't ever made them without). I did also try them with shredded turkey the other day since I've had so much around here, not as good as with chicken, but still pretty good.

1 comment:

Todd and Camille Hendrickson said...

Happy Day! Thank you for posting a recipe! Such a cute family!