June 29, 2009

Yummy cake...

I guess today is kind of a catch up day. Here's another post of what's been going on. This doesn't quite get me caught up, but definitely closer.

Anyway, Chris' birthday was June 23rd and he LOVES lemon. I found a yummy looking, simple recipe in my Kraft food and family magazine and decided to give it a try.
It's a winner for sure!!!
Here's how you make it:

Easy Lemon Cake
I box lemon cake mix
2 small boxes instant lemon pudding mix
1 1/2 cups cold milk
1 small container whipped topping

Make the lemon cakes as directed on the box for two 8 or 9 inch round cakes. Set aside and let cool. Once the cakes are cooled you are ready to finish putting it all together. Mix the pudding mix and milk together with a whisk. Stir about 2 minutes or all combined, it will get pretty thick. Divide the pudding and put half on the top of each cake round, spread evenly. Stack the cakes and then frost the whole thing with the whipped topping. Refrigerate...or eat! YUM!!

It's so light and tasty. I was afraid it would be too lemony, but it had just the right out amount of lemon. I would call this a great refreshing summer cake myself.

Sorry, we did eat it all. It was too good not to, but I promise if you decide to make one it is SOOO easy!!

Enjoy!

2 comments:

Lera said...

Yum! Looks delicious!

Emily n fam said...

Happy b-day bro! Sorry, like I said I am bad with b-days....The cake looks awesome! You are such a crafty momma!