September 24, 2010

Alpine Slide...

A couple weeks ago we decided to head up to Park City for the afternoon and ride the Alpine Slide with the kids. This was a first for me and the kids and it's been years since Chris had gone. I had no idea what to expect, but it was super fun.
You have to ride the ski lifts to the top in order to go on the Alpine slide. I am not a big one for heights and dangling over the ground was not my kinda fun. If the kids weren't with us I probably would have enjoyed it more, but I kept imagining them falling. They enjoyed it and didn't seem the least bit concerned. Because of my fear of heights, I didn't dare let go of the bar...or Audrey... and therefore didn't take any pictures of the trip up the slide...or down for that matter.
Audrey and I rode together down the Alpine slide and we did go pretty slow, but it was really fun and I would love to go and do it again. Audrey LOVED it! As soon as we started I heard a little "Weeeee!" coming from her. 
I did get a picture of Nathan and Chris coming down the end of the slide.
Nathan had a lot of fun too. 
Before we left we decided to enjoy the nice weather and treat ourselves to some slushies.
Here's Nathan sharing his with Audrey. 
I think Audrey was sharing hers with Nathan here...
As we were leaving we stopped in front of this really cool statue to get some pictures. If Nathan sees the camera pointed his direction, he just gets goofy. What else can I say?
Another fun and successful family outing!

1 comment:

RootsAndWingsCo said...

I used to live in Utah and we LOVED the Alpine slide. I'm so glad it's still there and looks just amazing!
Thanks for sharing.
Rebecca@RootsAndWingsCo