March 26, 2008

This is all for Nathan...

I decided that it was time to make Nathan a quilt of his own. The one we have on his bed right now is ...shall I say it...a little girly. The only I quilt I have for him to use is kinda pink and not very boyish.

So, I told my mom what I wanted to do and we started collecting blues and greens for a one of a kind quilt for Nathan. When my parents were here for Nathan's birthday we spent Sunday laying it out. Here's a sneak peak of what it's gonna look like. Grandma Johnson was even nice enough to put together some pieced blocks so it has some character. Hopefully he'll like it, otherwise I might make him keep the pink one and I'll take his :) Just Kidding Nathan!! I am hoping to have it done within the next 9 weeks before we add the new baby to our family and I have no time available. I do have 3 rows together, so it's on it's way.

4 comments:

Stuart and Sarah said...

The quilt looks beautiful already. Don't forget to post a picture when you have it all the way done!!

Chesney said...

I love the pattern of your blocks, they look great together. You are so ambtious. I cant wait to see the finished product. Ü

Chris, Kristina, Nathan and Audrey... said...

I don't know if I am really ambitious or just don't know any better and keep starting new ones!

Liz Royall said...

The quilt looks great! You are really talented! I still have the christmas decoration you made for me and put it every year :-)

Nathan is so darliing!